Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Re-Goaling

I know, I know. Are you sick of my posts on goals yet?

I'm not!

What most people don't realize (but we, as smart writers, know implicitly) is that when you meet goals (or have tried repeatedly to meet goals and are hitting more obstacles than targets), you have to sit your behind in a chair and come up with more, greater, higher, loftier goals. (I know, grammatically incorrect...too bad).

It's hard to find the time to write down goals when all you really want to do is, well, write. But you'd never start a journey to Canada without a map (even if you live in Canada), so trying to start a new writing project, venture or dream without a goal is just as fruitless.

I'm at a goal-setting junction. Finished all the articles I've had slated for the first half of the year (with the exception of polishing an online lecture and following up on a possible research gig, but that's not til July), managed to sell more than I anticipated (namely, fiction) so it's time to retool the thought process. Good thing I found this excellent article from Holly Lisle on goal-setting....

How to Get There From Here: The Magic of Setting Goals by Holly Lisle.

My lunchtime reading...what's yours?

Happy goaling and re-goaling,
Beth