Thursday, May 24, 2007

A Character By Any Other Name...

...or any name, for that matter....

If you're like me (or even if you aren't), you may have some story bones in your mind, a few plots floating around on the edge of your thoughts, some type of fictional writing in your cells every moment of the day, but until you find that perfect name for your character, you'll never get that first paragraph on paper to your satisfaction. (what can I say?!).

Looking for fun places to check out names for my heroine, I came across a wonderful page of naming websites. Really thorough and good stuff...my personal fave was the ethnic tabs for names at the 20000names.com site.

If you can't find a character name you like after checking out all these sites...well, I can't help!

Writing-World.com's Character Naming Resources

Happy Naming and writing!

Beth