Thursday, April 19, 2007

Book Signing Tips

Good news yesterday...got an email from the editor working with my short story and she says she's ready to work with me and that the contract for my story is forthcoming :)

This is a new arena for me--being published in fiction. While it's only a modest short story and not a novel (yet), I'm still in novice mode in looking for information on what new writers can expect, need to do, should consider, etc.

For you pubs out there, these links might not be much but for us newbies (despite the fact that I won't have a booksigning just yet) it's always good to get an idea ahead of the game to know what to expect.

Book Signing 101 by Elizabeth Harrin (courtesy of WritersWeekly.com)

40+ Ways to Make Your Next Booksigning An Event by Larry James

How to Have a Successful Booksigning by MaryJanice Davidson

Quick Tips for Hosting a Successful Booksigning by Martha Reed

That should be enough to get you (and me!) excited!

Happy booksigning,
Beth