Monday, April 09, 2007

Author Interviews for Insight

When asked whether they became a writer or were born a writer, many authors say they've just had a natural love of writing, words and storytelling from a young age. Since I'm no different, I have always been fascinated by reading interviews with authors (even ones I've never heard of) because in these interviews, it seems I always discover a nugget of myself in their words (well, not always, but it's still a voyeuristic writing pleasure to get their thoughts).

I've been reading a lot of interviews lately for fun, so I'll share a few links where great interviews with authors can be found. No, not how-to on writing, but still..valuable insight in their own right.

The Paris Review Interview Archives

Exclusive Author Interviews at Powells.com

Spike Magazine's Interviews

Happy reading..may something spark your interest!

Beth