Thursday, March 08, 2007

Fun! Language Is a Virus (Games for writers)

Not until I took myself seriously as a writer did I truthfully realize (and accept) that part of the writing process REQUIRES periods of time where rational, functional, working thought is absent (translated: free time).

Now that I've accepted the need and value of those long lulls of time spent daydreaming about how to combine my two favorite desserts into one and other equally useless things, I've also discovered the need for fun diversions involving ways to stretch and twist language into something fun that sparks more ideas (like I need more of those).

In that vein, here's a cool-fun writing place crammed full of activities for writers. Obviously I've not checked them all out but there's tons of way-fun stuff here for consideration...when you can't take another game of Klondike....

Language is a Virus